warning - avoid HBNOnline for booking hotels

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Wed Nov 1 11:12:52 GMT 2006

On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 09:28:16PM +0000, Paul Makepeace wrote:
> On 10/31/06, Raphael Mankin <raph at mankin.org.uk> wrote:
[...]
>> ... but do you really want to waste a couple of days running to and from
>> court?
> That's the kinda talk that lets terrorists win!

That, too.

I once had a managing director of a firm drive half way across the country
to sit in front of a judge at my local County Court because of a dispute
over thirty quid. I think they were hoping it'd be too much effort and I'd
go away. Unfortunately for him, I'd just lost my job and suddenly found
myself with loads of time on my hands and a desire to collect some old
debts.

I don't really have much sympathy since they could have just coughed up when
asked instead of making me go through the whole court system.