imapsync

Chris Devers cdevers at pobox.com
Thu Nov 2 15:30:42 GMT 2006

On Nov 2, 2006, at 10:10 AM, Dirk Koopman wrote:

> To do that I need a utility to copy a complete user's mailbox from one
> IMAP server to another. I would prefer not to have to write one
> myself.

And now that we know what you really want, I see that my suggestions
wouldn't have been helpful :-)

Still, there may be something to the idea of using something other
than IMAP to do the synchronization. For example, if one side is
storing it in a MySQL database, then maybe you can come up with a
tool to pull down the source IMAP tree into another MySQL instance,
then use MySQL replication techniques to get it over to the other
one. Or something like that.

Alternatively, do either of the other IMAP servers provide import
tools? Maybe you could leverage something like that to convert a copy
of the tree pulled down with Eudora or something (it could still be
useful as an intermediary, if only because everything is in plain
MBOX), then, again, use database replication to push the converted
copy up to the other server.

*shrug*

--
Chris Devers