Javaspaces and perl

Jonathan Stowe jns at gellyfish.com
Wed Nov 8 12:23:30 GMT 2006

On Tue, 2006-11-07 at 12:53 +0000, alex at owal.co.uk wrote:
> No, I haven't mistaken this list for London.class :-)
>
> I've been googling and search.cpan but to no avail.
>
> I am interested in using javaspaces (aka Jini) to distribute a loosely
> coupled system across loads of machines. The basic idea is that I have
> several machines put tasks into the space and have several machines read
> out those tasks, do them, and put the results back into the space - or
> maybe a database, or maybe generate more tasks.

This sounds very much like a message queue with multiple concurrent
readers and  writers. See also "Enterprise Service Bus". Okay there
appear to be other bits like discovery and so forth, but unless you have
a compelling reason to use Jini (like you want to support Java services)
then it could be made in Perl I guess.

/J\