Javaspaces and perl

Peter Hickman peter.hickman at semantico.com
Wed Nov 8 15:26:14 GMT 2006

alex at owal.co.uk wrote:
> Perhaps I could clarify something here.
>
> I *am* going to use Javaspaces. Most of the system is going to be in Java.
>
> Telling me that I could shoehorn XYZ technology into doing something it
> wasnt intended for instead of one which was is not really helping much.

The reason that people were being helpful (even if you missed it) was
that you described a problem you wanted to solve and only said that you
were "interested in using javaspaces". Thus you received suggestions as
to how you might solve your problem in a simpler manner. That's what
good programmers do, find solutions to problems.

Had you said that were having to try and find a way to get Perl to play
nice with javaspaces because you had no alternative but would like to
use Perl for some tasks you would have received different answers.

You made javaspaces look optional or something that was doing the sort
of thing you wanted to do so you were mentioning it to give people an
idea as to what you were about.

That's what you get for badly worded requirements :-)

--
Peter Hickman.

Semantico, Lees House, 21-23 Dyke Road, Brighton BN1 3FE
t: 01273 722222
f: 01273 723232
e: peter.hickman at semantico.com
w: www.semantico.com