Syntax highlighting in Perl

Paul Johnson paul at
Sun Nov 12 15:46:47 GMT 2006

On Sun, Oct 15, 2006 at 06:10:17PM +0100, Nik Clayton wrote:

> Paul Johnson wrote:
> >And now a half-hearted moan.  Every since I upgraded apache on debian a
> >few weeks back SVN::Web seems to be displaying only what would have been
> >in the body of the html.  And also when any revision is requested the
> >apache process hangs using 100% cpu.
> >
> >Since I can't even be bothered to investigate this enough to make a
> >proper bug report I don't expect an answer, but I suppose there's an off
> >chance that someone might be able to say, "oh yes, that's because of X,
> >just do Y".
> >
> >Yeah, well, maybe.  Or if I had spent the time it has taken to write
> >this on investigating the problem I might even have fixed it my now.
> >
> >Dear LazyML, please help.
> Apache 1 or Apache 2?

> What version of SVN::Web?

> Is it 100% reproducible?

> Does it affect all revisions, or just a subset of them?

> Does it happen with svnweb-server?

I didn't try it.

But I've fixed the problem, by hook or by crook.  I've ditched debian's
apache and built everything myself.  Then I have rerun svnweb-install.

I think it was the last step that actually fixed the problem.  I think I
had updated SVN::Web and the css/templates/something were incompatible,
but I hadn't realised that.  Could that be right?  Is this likely to be
a perennial problem?

Paul Johnson - paul at