abuse@ and postmaster@ in the modern world?

Peter Hickman peter.hickman at semantico.com
Fri Nov 17 15:28:58 GMT 2006

David Cantrell wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 17, 2006 at 11:34:35AM +0000, Dave Hodgkinson wrote:
>
>> On 17 Nov 2006, at 11:07, David Cantrell wrote:
>>
>>> The most effective of my several layers of antispam fascism is the
>>> huge
>>> list of networks which I just won't talk to.  Compared to that, not
>>> accepting mail to postmaster would be insignificant.
>>>
>> You've blacklisted Korea then?
>>

> Yes, and China, and a shitload of other stuff too.

Not quite OT but how many ip addresses are people firewalling on their
home machines? I've just stepped over the 11k mark and an starting to
wonder if my firewall will start to have problems with this ever
increasing list. Am I normal or just paranoid? (put your hand down Dom :) )

--
Peter Hickman.

Semantico, Lees House, 21-23 Dyke Road, Brighton BN1 3FE
t: 01273 722222
f: 01273 723232
e: peter.hickman at semantico.com
w: www.semantico.com