Combination of skills - was [JOB] Perl & VB person, central London

Peter Hickman peter.hickman at semantico.com
Mon Nov 20 13:35:05 GMT 2006

Pete Sergeant wrote:
> I guess that's the reason no-one ever works with vintage hardware, or
> trying to extend old tools to do interesting new things.
>
> +Pete

The question here is if you are doing something for it's own sake
(trying to implement RTL II on the JVM) or you have a need (keep this
Superbrain QD running as it has our invoicing system on it). Sure I
could get my Spectrum to connect to the internet, but if I wanted to
connect to the internet there are darn easier ways of doing it. I find
it very hard to think of anything interesting to do with old hardware,
there was a time when I would have jumped at getting a PDP/11 or a
MicroVax, that I can't do easier with the new.

However should anyone have a transputer farm that they want to get rid
of then I'm interested :)

--
Peter Hickman.

Semantico, Lees House, 21-23 Dyke Road, Brighton BN1 3FE
t: 01273 722222
f: 01273 723232
e: peter.hickman at semantico.com
w: www.semantico.com