Snap quiz: desk stuff

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Thu Nov 23 14:54:13 GMT 2006

On Thu, Nov 23, 2006 at 10:51:11AM +0000, Dave Cross wrote:

> When did pubs start opening all afternoon? I definitely remember being
> thrown out of pubs at 2:30 or 3:00 and being forced to go back to work.

Dunno, but it was some time during the Thatcher regime.  When she made
that very sensible change (she let the pubs stay open during the day,
Hitler funded the VW Beetle, so everyone has *some* good in them) the
usual suspects - judges, filth, doctors, Daily Hatemail and so on -
predicted the end of civilisation.  Naturally, they were wrong.
Naturally, they never admitted it.  Oh how I laughed when the same bunch
of cretins made the same predictions about what would happen when
publicans were allowed to stay open later if they wanted.  Again, none
of them have admitted being wrong.

--
David Cantrell | Enforcer, South London Linguistic Massive

Eye have a spelling chequer / It came with my pea sea
It planely marques four my revue / Miss Steaks eye kin knot sea.
Eye strike a quay and type a word / And weight for it to say
Weather eye am wrong oar write / It shows me strait a weigh.