Snap quiz: desk stuff

Toby Corkindale tjc at
Tue Nov 28 16:28:56 GMT 2006

On Thu, Nov 23, 2006 at 08:31:04PM +0000, David Cantrell wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 23, 2006 at 06:00:05PM +0000, Peter Corlett wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 23, 2006 at 05:49:42PM +0000, Stig Brautaset wrote:
> > [...]
> > > Perfection is achieved when there is nothing left to take away. I'm on the
> > > right way; I don't actually own any computing device more powerful than a
> > > TI-89 calculator...
> > If you have any sort of consumer electronics produced in the last five or so
> > years, it will have a CPU in it more powerful than that old thing.
> > This includes stuff like radios and telephones.
> I'd not be surprised if my bloody *fridge* did.
> When it broke shortly after I bought it, the technician who came to fix
> it just did a firmware upgrade.

Not long now until the events described in One of Us will occur..
start being nice to your alarm clock and coffee machine, now..

Turning and turning in the widening gyre/The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart, the centre cannot hold/Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world
(gpg --keyserver --recv-key B1CCF88E)