Email::Store::Attachment - my losing battle

Simon Wistow simon at
Wed Nov 29 14:15:47 GMT 2006

On Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 12:58:49PM +0000, Chisel Wright said:
> I've started playing with email store - it's quite magical, and for the
> most part seems to be Doing The Right Thing.

Email::Store and Postgres have never really got on brilliantly well so
I'm not hugely up experienced in the combination (or, in fact, in
Postgres at all).

My first suggestion was going to be binmode but apparently that doesn't

I'll wrack my brains a bit and try and come up with something.

As a first cut - for some reason the field payload is text not blob. I'm
sure there was a reason but that may help.

I've been umming and ahhhing about rewriting Email::Store for about a
year now to make it slightly easier and flexible but haven't found the
tuits yet so suggestions, comments and criticisms are greatly