Email::Store::Attachment - my losing battle

Simon Cozens simon at simon-cozens.org
Wed Nov 29 14:18:16 GMT 2006

Chisel Wright:
> ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xff
>  [for Statement "INSERT INTO attachment (content_type, filename,
> payload, id, mail)

I have no idea what's going on - Email::Store seems to be doing what it's told
- but I suspect it's a Postgresql thing. This error is basically the database
telling you it's unhappy with your UTF8. But the payload isn't UTF8, and
Postgresql shouldn't be thinking that it is. In fact, UTF8 shouldn't come into
this at all. So something is being too clever for its own good, and I suspect
it's either Postgres or DBD::Pg.

--
For me, UNIX is a way of being. -Armando P. Stettner