Email::Store::Attachment - my losing battle

Chisel Wright chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
Wed Nov 29 17:26:26 GMT 2006

On Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 05:08:41PM +0000, Jonathan Stowe wrote:
> Yeah. If you read the Postgres documentation about the bytea data type
> you will see that it does indeed say that certain non-printable
> characters need to be escaped like that.  The same applies to other
> database systems.

Yeah, MattL ingested that page and came up with that RE based on that.

I just haven't stepped back to think about this clearly, and work out if
this can safely be applied to everything, or if it should only be
applied to binary attachments ... and if it's db specific or not - i.e.
per-DB regexps.

--
Chisel Wright
e: chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
w: http://www.herlpacker.co.uk/

  Always move fast - you never know who's catching up!