Use of unitialised gubbins c/w Brainbench

Stray Taoist mwk at straytoaster.co.uk
Thu Dec 7 17:06:24 GMT 2006

On Thu, Dec 07, 2006 at 04:44:27PM +0000, Nicholas Clark wrote:

> Ah, but if you have a test case, you can test with it on your dev box.
> Was this more better logging of problems for production?

It was more to help out a colleague. He was muttering about the
not-being-able-to-tell-what-was-uninitialised, and thought I would be able to
do some magic to help him with this.

So yes, it was for better logging in production. As I must admit I tell him
(and the others) that I don't want code running that spews warnings. But it
seemed a useful thing to have overall. And if it is in bleadperl, well, I
shall have it when I get home and install it. That might break me out of my
conservatism right now. :)

m.

--
http://weblog.straytoaster.co.uk/ # Gotta have a weblog. It is the law.