anti-spam checks for web content

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Thu Dec 21 17:30:38 GMT 2006

On Thu, Dec 21, 2006 at 12:22:05PM -0500, jesse wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 21, 2006 at 05:13:24PM +0000, Jacqui Caren wrote:
[...]
>> To the question, is there any nice perl code that will scan html content
>> and score it based upon "spamminess"
> I hear that this "SpamAssassin" product is sometimes used to scan text for
> spamminess.

It's specifically tuned for email. It could probably be hacked to handle
non-email content, but I wouldn't bank on it being effective. Not that I
don't think that it shouldn't be tried, just that there should be a Plan B
for if it doesn't work.

Plan B would possibly involve CRM-114 for learning and matching spammy text.