CPAN modules on non net attached machine

Leo Lapworth leo at cuckoo.org
Fri Dec 22 07:31:23 GMT 2006

On 22/12/06, Andrew Black <andrew-li at black1.org.uk> wrote:

> I want to install some CPAN modules on a machine that is not directly
> connected to the net. I can FTP files onto the the machine but it can't
> see external HTTP or FTP servers.

You could use CPAN::Mini to get the latest versions of everything
onto your machine with external web access, then FTP that over to the
machine without (all of CPAN is about 600 Megs - could just
fit it on a CD if you needed).

Then you point CPAN.pm to use the local copy.

This is much easier than trying to work out dependencies although
I'm sure it's been done somewhere.

Leo