TT brainfart

Leo Lapworth leo at
Wed Jan 3 17:32:28 GMT 2007

On 03/01/07, Dave Hodgkinson <davehodg at> wrote:

> > So in answer to your question, and based on the limited amount I know
> > about memcache, I would say there's little to no benefit to using
> > memcache
> > because TT is already doing what memcache does.
> Memcache is *distributed*. Lots of machines.

Yes, it's very cool.

Unless your templates are changing frequently (I can not think why this
would be) you might as well let TT cache them locally though.

Store the data (objects / user sessions etc) in memcache so that they do not
have to be recreated on each machine - that's where the big load tends to
be. If a set of templates is accessed often and your on *nix then they'll be
kept in any free ram by the OS in any case.