Post Xmas Pwnage

Peter Hickman peter.hickman at semantico.com
Thu Jan 4 09:13:59 GMT 2007

Everyday I run a script that checks various logs to get the ip addresses
of people who have tried to hack my system. I usually get 5 - 10 new
addresses a day from people trying to brute force my ssh connection.
Over the Christmas week I got 2,700 new addresses. I assumed that this
was because people were connecting their new PC to the internet and
getting owned.

In the past 24 hours I have just added another 3,300!

Is it me or is anyone else seeing this?

--
Peter Hickman.

Semantico, Lees House, 21-23 Dyke Road, Brighton BN1 3FE
t: 01273 722222
f: 01273 723232
e: peter.hickman at semantico.com
w: www.semantico.com