Peter Hickman peter.hickman at
Wed Jan 10 17:32:04 GMT 2007

Adrian Howard wrote:
> On 10 Jan 2007, at 16:04, Peter Hickman wrote:
> [snip]
>> Don't recall Pop-11 doing that. Did I miss it or was it introduced
>> after 2002?
> Good lord! Somebody who has used Pop-11!
> (I'm pretty sure you missed it. It was certainly in there when I was
> using it in the late eighties / early nineties. The square root of -1
> got you a complex number too :-)
> Cheers,
> Adrian
Bah, my brain is completely fried. I graduated in 92, you are aids and I
claim my pint. 2002 was probably the year I gave up on pop-11 (or
AlphaPop) ever gaining traction - although there were some people using
it commercially in Brighton in the early 2000s. I have been meaning to
nip upstairs to CogApps and try and nick the source.

Ah nostalgia.

Peter Hickman.

Semantico, Lees House, 21-23 Dyke Road, Brighton BN1 3FE
t: 01273 722222
f: 01273 723232
e: peter.hickman at