AUTOLOAD

Andy Armstrong andy at hexten.net
Tue Jan 16 16:30:53 GMT 2007

On 16 Jan 2007, at 16:10, Dirk Koopman wrote:
> And Ovid has answered my other question: which is that you can
> successfully call $foo->SUPER::AUTOLOAD and it will do as I expect.
> However, not that I intend to go there (as previously mentioned).

Sorry, I thought that's pretty much what we were still talking about.
My bad.

The problem with SUPER::AUTOLOAD is that if you have multiple
inheritance you'll only be calling  AUTOLOAD in one of your parent
classes. You probably want to give all your parent classes a chance
to implement methods via AUTOLOAD.

I gather that Class::Std isn't everyone's cup of tea but it does what
I expect of it including layering a mechanism on top of AUTOLOAD that
solves this problem.

Oh and sorry if I'm repeating myself or stating the obvious - I've
slightly lost track of who's saying what now :)

--
Andy Armstrong, hexten.net