[Bulk] Re: AUTOLOAD

Luis Motta Campos luismottacampos at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 18 15:21:20 GMT 2007

On Jan 18, 2007, at 2:56 PM, chromatic wrote:
> On Thursday 18 January 2007 00:10, Luis Motta Campos wrote:
>>    You're suggestiong  that someone needs to review those documents,
>> or that someone should explain me (a programmer that just believes in
>> OO, but don't actually understands it) how its supposed to work?
>
> From 1994 to 2004, the object orientation documentation (especially
> of the
> UNIVERSAL base class) had, at best, a passing familiarity with OO
> concepts
> such as Liskov substitutability, polymorphism, and inheritance.
> I'm not even
> that pleased with its understanding of methods, for goodness sake,
> and it's a
> real trick to have a working object system without passing messages.

   [Many interesting questions removed from here]

   Nice, but, after several minutes thinking and testing my new pipe
tobbaco, I just figured that this is a big organizational project
that should be undertaken. There is no "Perl OO-Core" - no advisable
way of implementing OO systems in Perl one could use as starting point.

   Obviously, I believe that all those questions will be addressed by
Perl6. Is this correct?

--
Luis Motta Campos is software engineer,
perl fanatic evangelist, and amateur {cook, photographer}