Linux Traffic/Bandwidth monitoring

McGlinchy, Alistair Alistair.McGlinchy at marks-and-spencer.com
Fri Jan 19 13:10:27 GMT 2007

Gareth Harper wrote:
> I'd ideally like to be able to graph throughput (kb/sec) over a
> configurable timeframe (say in 5 minute intervals), and also Kb used
> over a configurable timeframe.  (so the two graphs would be
> KB/sec over
> time and KB over time).

MRTG/RRDTool  http://oss.oetiker.ch/mrtg/
Perl, and SNMP

Cannot recommend it more highly.

Cheers

Alistair

Registered Office:
Marks and Spencer plc
Waterside House
35 North Wharf Road
London
W2 1NW

Registered No. 214436 in England and Wales.

Telephone (020) 7935 4422
Facsimile (020) 7487 2670

<<www.marksandspencer.com>>

2005