Freecycle for (interesting) old computers?

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Mon Jan 22 21:15:53 GMT 2007

On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 08:07:49PM +0000, Andy Armstrong wrote:

> Is there anything like Freecycle but dedicated to old computer stuff?
> I know computer stuff pops up on Freecycle but ...
>
> As an example I'm after an old Alpha box that'll run OpenVMS to do
> some testing on. Such things must exist but I can't think how I'd
> find one. ObWhich: anyone got one?

Try classiccmp's lists:
  http://www.classiccmp.org/lists.html

They're very US-biased, but there's a fair number of UK people there.
Also try the rescue list at sunhelp:

Of course, if you could make do with a VAX instead of an Alpha then you
can have mine.

--
David Cantrell | Cake Smuggler Extraordinaire

    There are many different types of sausages.  The best are
    from the north of England.  The wurst are from Germany.
      -- seen in alt.2eggs...