Freecycle for (interesting) old computers?

Jacqui Caren jacqui.caren at ntlworld.com
Tue Jan 23 02:46:52 GMT 2007

Andy Armstrong wrote:
> I'm sure that there are hoards of geeks out there who'd give a good
> home to previously loved boxes given half the chance.

Its not just the geeks who want them.

I have just picked up two P200's from my local LUG and turned one into a
DVD player/photo viewer and another into a firewall. The new owner of
the photo viewer can now snap his catches (fisherman) without having to
worry about printing costs - he is unemployed and invalid.

Likewise some of us around here turn 800's into desktops for people
who would make good use of them.

Also I know a few lug members still running P100's and 3/486's!

Jacqui