Daemonised program dying on OSX

Peter Hickman peter.hickman at semantico.com
Tue Jan 23 09:18:02 GMT 2007

I have a little perl program that runs in Daemon mode via Proc::Daemon
that occasionally just dies on me. For the life of me I can't find any
way of getting any information about why it is dying. Does anyone have
any idea as to how I might debug this?

Getting it to restart is no problem, I can just have a cron run every 5
minutes try and restart the process and as it's using Proc::PidFile so
there wont be more than one. But the fact that it is dying is really
bugging me and I would like to fix the problem rather than cover it up.

Oh yes, it's on OSX.

--
Peter Hickman.

Semantico, Lees House, 21-23 Dyke Road, Brighton BN1 3FE
t: 01273 722222
f: 01273 723232
e: peter.hickman at semantico.com
w: www.semantico.com