Freecycle for (interesting) old computers?

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Tue Jan 23 12:41:54 GMT 2007

On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 03:01:39AM +0000, Andy Armstrong wrote:
> On 23 Jan 2007, at 02:46, Jacqui Caren wrote:
> >Also I know a few lug members still running P100's and 3/486's!
> I've got a 400Mhz G4 Mac that I use for all sorts of testing here. It
> runs Mac OS X surprisingly well.

I recently passed a G3 iMac on to someone to use in his home recording
studio.  Apparently it's more than fast enough.  Indeed, the only reason
he's replacing the perfectly adequate older Mac he was previously using
is that this one has USB so he'll be able to also attach a Thingy and
connect it to his ADSL, replacing a POS Windows thing.

--
David Cantrell | top google result for "internet beard fetish club"

  "Cynical" is a word used by the naive to describe the experienced.
      George Hills, in uknot