Freecycle for (interesting) old computers?

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Tue Jan 23 12:59:40 GMT 2007

On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 11:40:55AM +0000, Peter Corlett wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 11:17:13AM +0000, Andy Armstrong wrote:
> > I've been meaning to do something fun with my old 9600/233 but I can't
> > quite decide what.
> If it doesn't have at least a G3 processor, or cannot be upgraded to at
> least 256MB of RAM, I suggest you put it in the bin because it's not going
> to run any modern OSX.

Tiger runs in 128MB.  You don't want to try running more than one or two
applications at once though.

It doesn't like installing though.  I got it onto the machine by putting
it into firewire target mode and installing to its disk using a much
studlier laptop.

There is no one true indentation style,
But if there were K&R would be Its Prophets.
Peace be upon Their Holy Beards.