[job] vfx company junior systems support

Denny london.pm at metamathics.org
Fri Feb 2 18:14:32 GMT 2007

On Fri, 2007-02-02 at 17:31 +0000, Alex Sayle wrote:
> to quote $the_man,
>
> "It is an *entry* level *junior* technical position and pay is
> competitive with similar positions in the industry.  It is a career
> development opportunity with unlimited potential and exposure to
> high-end technologies."

Is $the_man scared of numbers?  I never really understood the point in
being so deliberately vague about pay potential.  By all means specify a
range, make it a long range if you want to hedge your bets, even state
that you may offer above or below it under exceptional circumstances,
but give people /something/ to base their decisions on.

Personally I gave up on applying for jobs that didn't specify a pay
range years ago, because more often than not they seemed to be trying to
screw people down below the minimum going rate if they didn't know any
better.  Even if you do know better you probably still don't want to
work somewhere with that aggressive an attitude to salary negotiations.

IMHO, YMMV, HAND.

Denny