rt.cpan RSS feeds

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Thu Feb 8 11:28:56 GMT 2007

On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 11:19:21AM +1100, Kirrily Robert wrote:
> David Cantrell wrote:
> > Is there any way of getting an RSS feed of all tickets on rt.cpan.org
> > for all my distributions?
> Does this help?
> http://lifehacker.com/software/feeds/merge-and-customize-your-feeds-with
> -feedshake-233566.php

I know that I can get at feeds for each of my distributions individually
like so ...

GET
http://rt.cpan.org/Search/Results.rdf?user=DCANTRELL\&pass=sekr1t\&Query=Queue%20%3D%20\'Some-Distribution\'%20AND%20Status%20%3D%20\'new\'

but unless Feedshake can automagically extract a list of my
distributions, keep that list up to date, and automatically subscribe to
all those feeds, then it's no better than me just adding them all to my
rss2email individually.

The point of having a per-maintainer RSS feed would be so that whenever
I release something new, I don't have to also remember to subscribe to a
new feed, it Just Works automagically.  I suppose that I could figger
out what to put in the query by looking at the rt database structure,
but i was hoping not to have to do that!

As an aside - awooga! awooga! sql injection!

Do not be afraid of cooking, as your ingredients will know and misbehave
   -- Fergus Henderson