Perl 5.6.2 has lost its mind

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Mon Feb 12 15:27:44 GMT 2007

On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 01:04:17PM +0000, Matt Wilson wrote:

> Umm, well that's wrong. The perl binary you're using for Makefile.PL
> is different to the one above (`perl -V`), or at least that's my guess
> as they one running Makefile.PL is using a 5.8.4 @INC - how did you
> invoke the makefile?

Like this:

  $ cd /home/david/cpantesting
  $ perl-5.6.2/bin/perl -MCPAN -e shell

Interestingly, I've found that the problem goes away if I instead do
this ...

  $ /home/david/cpantesting/perl-5.6.2/bin/perl -MCPAN -e shell

that is, run perl with an absolute path (no, it doesn't matter what the
cwd is) and it works.

    Planckton: n, the smallest possible living thing