Let's organise a free teach-in

Jacqui Caren jacqui.caren at ntlworld.com
Tue Feb 13 15:24:49 GMT 2007

Edmund von der Burg wrote:
> On 13/02/07, Simon Cozens <simon at simon-cozens.org> wrote:
>
>> OK, it's a million-monkeys-to-one shot but it just might work...
>

> Well I'd be happy to come along and generally be helpful - either
> doing a class or helping in workshop like setups.
>
> I'd suggest that the following steps would be sensible:
>
>  1) where and when : let's get venue sorted and firm up the dates.

Consider the UKUUG or LUGs.

For instance Hampshire LUG use southampton uni and Surrey LUg *were*
hosted by RedHat in Guildford.

>  2) spread the word - this will take time so it should be started as
> soon as possible. Hard to do without (1) though. Setup up a page on
> london.pm.org

Yes - but ask the L/UUGs to advertise for you.

>  3) decide what to teach and by who etc. I'd suggest that this get
> hammered out at the next social (heretics on 1 Mar, normal on 8 Mar -
> pick one).

I would either offer it for free or make it a "Proper" course.
Cheap half assed stuff simply will not cut it with HR depts or
people wanting some training.

Also I very much doubt hosts of user groups would be happy hosting
"commercial" training courses for free.

Jacqui