Exposing my ignorance, wanting help with use!

Luis Motta Campos luismottacampos at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Feb 14 15:19:25 GMT 2007

On Feb 14, 2007, at 3:48 PM, Spiros Denaxas wrote:
> Not entirely sure, but might it be a problem with file permissions?
>
> on my box:
>
> ls /Library/Perl/5.8.6/File/Slurp.pm
> -r-xr-xr-x   1 root  admin    19K Feb 17  2006 /Library/Perl/5.8.6/
> File/Slurp.pm
>
> Try setting +x.

   Sorry, this will not help.
   There is nothing on a Perl Module file that justifies it having
execution bits setted.

   On the other hand, it could be an access permissions problem:
remember, on a *nix box, to read a file, you need to have scan access
to all directories above it.

   Check your file permitions, and make sure that the user that is
running your program have the right ones. If it works with your user
(or the root user) and doesn't works for the user assigned to the
application, that's a clear sign about the problem type you have.

--
Luis Motta Campos is a software engineer,
perl fanatic evangelist, and amateur {cook, photographer}