Exposing my ignorance, wanting help with use!

Uri Guttman uri at stemsystems.com
Wed Feb 14 16:41:15 GMT 2007

  DIM> But UNIVERSAL::require gives you a universal ->require() method that
  DIM> works on strings, so you can do it like this:

i can't find this in the docs for UNIVERSAL.

perl -e 'Foo->require( "strict" )'
Can't locate object method "require" via package "Foo" (perhaps you forgot to load "Foo"?) at -e line 1.

and UNIVERSAL::isa is definitely there and inherited:

perl -e 'Foo->isa( "strict" )'

(no errors)

perl -v
This is perl, v5.8.6 built for sun4-solaris

the builtin require works on strings but as others (and myself) have
said it has different arg handling than require with a bareword class
name.

uri

--
Uri Guttman  ------  uri at stemsystems.com  -------- http://www.stemsystems.com