Perl Debugging Problems...

Luis Motta Campos luismottacampos at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Feb 15 16:06:51 GMT 2007

   I wonder if someone here already have any experience with this.

   I'm trying to debug a test script, and everything runs quite well
until I reach the second test function, where suddently all my
debugger status is lost and I stop to seeing source, actions, my
current position in the code and breakpoints. The commands to showing
those things doesn't throw me any errors, but there is no results
printed out.

   The funny thing is that the program still running, and I can
command my debugger, in some ways. I can't have new breakpoints
setted, nor the old ones are respected; I can restart debugging (and
everything gets back normal again); I can step ('n' or 's') and I can
see the program output.

   I don't think this is a bug of the Perl debugger, but I need to
debug the code and I have no ideas about how to getting back to the
"normal behavior" I expect from the Perl debugger.

   I have no ideas about how to reduce my code to a small test case
that works, please help me keeping the needed parts of it if you have
any simmilar experience.

   Thanks.
--
Luis Motta Campos is a software engineer,
perl fanatic evangelist, and amateur {cook, photographer}