Let's organise a free teach-in

Hakim Cassimally hakim.cassimally at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 17:39:47 GMT 2007

On 16/02/07, Andy Armstrong <andy at hexten.net> wrote:
> On 16 Feb 2007, at 16:57, Tim Sweetman wrote:
> > What aspects of Perl require teaching? (Deliberately open-ended
> > question)
>
> For starters:
>
> Style: warnings, strict, local etc
> Testing: writing (good) tests
> Using CPAN effectively
> Functional programming idioms
> Maintaining modules using EUMM

All good stuff.  We've found that we get most
questions from programmers we're converting
to Perl about references.

I even think it's worth spending some time going over
just arrays and hashes.  I'd bring in the functional
programming techniques to an array training.

Of course depends on the level that you're targetting,
but it's easy to just learn some basics and not really
get familiar with manipulating those structures.

--
osfameron