how I learnt perl (was free teach in)

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 20:47:19 GMT 2007

Jonathon Stowe:
>What I'd be more interested in would be how and why people here learned
> Perl.

I learnt perl at uni (BSc Hons Computer Systems & Networks - not much
actual programming - mostly C and C++), teaching myself in the 2nd
year from DDJ articles, a borrowed Llama book and the cookbook, before
I went on my placement and got sucked into london.pm, in my final year
I became more interested, doing my final year project and a few "spare
time" projects in Perl before landing a job working with the esteemed
messrs Cantrell and Clamp, from there I've learnt almost everything
from working with and talking to perl mongers, in between reading
perl.com and DDJ avidly.

A.

--
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk