Let's organise a free teach-in

Christopher Jones c.jones at ucl.ac.uk
Sat Feb 17 17:29:18 GMT 2007

On 16/02/07, Tim Sweetman <ti at lemonia.org> wrote:

> What aspects of Perl require teaching? (Deliberately open-ended
> question)

References and ooPerl. The only books teaching the basics don't
(IMHO) do a very good job. But once a beginner starts to understand
how to use them properly, it represents a huge step forward in their
abilities.

There are much better ways to teach both than the likes of "Learning
Perl Objects, References and Modules" - and I'm even willing to chip
in with one of my lectures on the very subject!

Chris.