Let's organise a free teach-in

Richard Jolly Richard.Jolly at bbc.co.uk
Sat Feb 17 19:03:08 GMT 2007

london.pm-bounces at london.pm.org wrote:
> On 16/02/07, Tim Sweetman <ti at lemonia.org> wrote:
>> What aspects of Perl require teaching? (Deliberately open-ended
>> question)
>
> I find that is what is usually lacking in mid level
> programmers is not syntax and so on but rather how to
> structure code so that it is easy to write bigger apps and maintain
> them.

This is certainly what I'd like to see. Mid level programmers taken to
the next level.

We need more good perl programmers where I work, and this is where they
fall down. Writing clean, maintainable mid sized applications. Knowing
how to structure code at module and method level, and knowing how to
make appropriate class hierachies (including alternatives like
composition and delegation).

And thanks for the effort you are putting into this!

Richard

http://www.bbc.co.uk/