Let's organise (... what I want programmers to know ...)

Ovid publiustemp-londonpm at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 20 12:00:21 GMT 2007

--- Pete Sergeant <pete at clueball.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 02:27:57AM -0800, Ovid wrote:
> > Note that my needs are driven by wanting developers to understand
> > what's involved in writing "scalable" code.
>
> Ya know, from what you and others are writing, it sounds a lot like
> teaching the contents of the excellent Perl Medic book.

I'll have to check that book out.

While we're at it, perhaps one of the most important things programmers
should know (or do know, but ignore), DON'T PUT DATA IN CODE!  It kills
me every time I need to grep through a codebase to pull out a
hard-coded email address or company name (yeah, guess what I'm doing
now -- kill me, please)

Cheers,
Ovid

--