geographical accuracy

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Wed Feb 21 14:45:52 GMT 2007

Jonathan Peterson wrote:
>> digits for northing, 6 digits for easting. I'm using
>> Geography::NationalGrid::GB to convert these to lat/long pairs. The
>> results are all approximately correct, but generally about 20 metres or
>
> Try Geo::Coordinates::OSGB ?

Or I have an implementation in C that will do it. But you should use the
correct transformation, which is (to an extent) iterative with the
correct ellipsoid (OSGB80 [there is an OSGB36]). Also you need to
convert to the correct ellipsoid for the lat/lang system you are using.
The chances are that the lat/long datum is WGS84, but it may not be.

Dirk