geographical accuracy

Andy Armstrong andy at hexten.net
Wed Feb 21 15:03:17 GMT 2007

On 21 Feb 2007, at 14:43, Graham Seaman wrote:
> This improves the output but by a tiny amount (typically a change
> in the 4th decimal place of the lat/long) which is smaller than the
> error.  Do you know what the correct scalefactor  for wgs84 is?
> I've tried googling with no results so far...

I'm not sure what that's doing so I don't know :)

As an alternative you could try converting the OSGB36 lat/lon to
WGS84 using

http://search.cpan.org/~grahamc/Geo-Coordinates-UTM-0.05/UTM.pm

That'd at least allow you to confirm that that's the problem.

Another check: take your easting, northing and paste them into http://
streetmap.co.uk/ to see if they have the same error there.

--
Andy Armstrong, hexten.net