[ANNOUNCE] Social meet, 2007-03-01

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Fri Mar 2 11:16:21 GMT 2007

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 04:34:58PM +0000, David Cantrell wrote:
> Don't forget, social meet TOMORROW
>
> > Social meet, Royal Oak, Tabard St.  There will be Harveys!

There was, until we drank it.

> > The Royal Oak is on the site of the Tabard Inn, from whence Mr. G.
> > Chaucer and his friends travelled to Canterbury.  I have invited him to
> > join us and speak of his many interesting adventures.
>
> Mr. Chaucer has yet to respond I'm afraid.

Sadly he didn't turn up. But there were 32 of us at the peak.
I wonder if the heretics will manage as good a turn out next week.

This might partly explain why there wasn't as much Harveys at the end of
the night. (We know they ran out of Mild and Old; foolishly it didn't
occur to me to find out how successful we'd been on the other taps)

Nicholas Clark