Randall is exonerated

Dave Cross dave at dave.org.uk
Mon Mar 5 18:32:06 GMT 2007

Dirk Koopman wrote:
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/03/05/intel_hacker_charges_quashed/

I may be misunderstanding US law, but I don't believe that having the
records sealed (which is what happened) is quite the same thing as being
"exonerated" or having the charges "quashed" (which is what the Reg
article claims.

Mind you, the Reg article seems to have been written by someone who
knows nothing at all about Randal. See, for example, the misspelling of
his name and the claim that he has written only two books about Perl.

I wonder if any of the Reg people subscribed to this list have any clout
with the writers and can persuade them of the wisdom of actually
checking the odd fact now and then :-)

Dave...