Randall is exonerated

Luis Motta Campos luismottacampos at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Mar 7 12:46:09 GMT 2007

On Mar 7, 2007, at 1:10 PM, Peter Corlett wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 08:46:59AM +0000, Paul LeoNerd Evans wrote:
>> Dave Cross <dave at dave.org.uk> wrote:
> [...]
>>> I wonder if any of the Reg people subscribed to this list have
>>> any clout
>>> with the writers and can persuade them of the wisdom of actually
>>> checking the odd fact now and then :-)
>> Is that not the first rule of tabloid reporting - "Never let the
>> truth get
>> in the way of a good story"...?
>
> s/tabloid // although one could argue that tabloid is a state of
> mind rather
> than a size of paper: The Times was a tablod for *years* before it
> finally
> changed size.

   I agree about tabloid being a state of mind. Brazilian newspapers
are awfull big in size, but surprisingly tabloid-like in mentality.
It should be easy to find other examples arround the world, also. ;-)

--
Luis Motta Campos is a software engineer,
perl fanatic evangelist, and amateur {cook, photographer}