PHP - security etc

Andy Armstrong andy at hexten.net
Thu Mar 8 20:42:18 GMT 2007

On 8 Mar 2007, at 20:13, Aaron Trevena wrote:
> That's because most security (software and physical) is a technical
> solution to a human problem, so it means you have to compromise on any
> of : ease-of-use, speed, flexibility, quality, cost, etc etc.

It doesn't apply just to security related issues though. Quick,
someone tell me how to do this with mod_perl:

<h1>Hello <?php echo $_GET['name'] ?>!</h1>

Historically people were drawn to Perl because they could write a
quick and dirty script to solve their immediate problem without any
great knowledge of the language. Perhaps later they'd learn more,
perhaps not. PHP does that on the web, unfortunately without
providing the huge space for progression that Perl does.

I wonder if we've forgotten about how people get started with a
language. In growing up we've somehow forgotten what it's like to see
things as a child.

--
Andy Armstrong, hexten.net