The Free Love-, er, Teach-In

Ovid publiustemp-londonpm at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 12 11:10:30 GMT 2007

Just a follow-up:

We might have a venue for the teach-in.  I'm working on nailing that
down now.  Dave Cross has volunteered to teach it.  The main issue is
that I was envisioning something that would help competent Perl
programmers -- those who understand packages, references, OO syntax
(though not necessarily OO) -- become top-notch programmers that
companies would kill to hire.

Dave was thinking more along the lines of teaching some basics such as
strict, warnings, references, etc.

I think both classes would be useful, but on a purely selfish note, I
want the the former class to be taught because those are the
programmers we need.  When I've chatted with other companies, that's
also what they're looking for, but it could easily be a selection bias.

Is Dave's idea of a class really (beginner to intermediate) more
important that the (intermediate to expert) idea?  So long as we nail
that down, everything can move forward.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Ovid