The Free Love-, er, Teach-In

Dave Cross dave at dave.org.uk
Mon Mar 12 12:26:28 GMT 2007

Quoting Dave Hodgkinson <davehodg at gmail.com>:

> On 12 Mar 2007, at 11:10, Ovid wrote:
>

>> Is Dave's idea of a class really (beginner to intermediate) more
>> important that the (intermediate to expert) idea?  So long as we nail
>> that down, everything can move forward.
>
> Both.
>
> Turning scripters into programmers and journeyman programmers into
> star engineers.

Well, yes. Actually in conversation on Thursday we came up with about
four subtly different courses - all of which could be useful to
different groups of people.

The question is really which one would be the best one to choose for
the first free course that we give.

Personally, I'm leaning towards something that is largely "Advanced
Perl Programming" with large side orders of "Perl Best Practices",
"Mastering Perl" and "The Pragmatic Programmer".

Might be a bit much for a one day course tho' :-/

Dave...

--
site: http://dave.org.uk/
blog: http://blog.dave.org.uk/