The Free Love-, er, Teach-In

Jonathan Stowe jns at gellyfish.com
Mon Mar 12 14:16:49 GMT 2007

On Mon, 2007-03-12 at 13:42 +0000, Denny wrote:

> Training beginners (to do stuff the way that Learning Perl already says
> to do it, iirc) doesn't do anything about the shortage of high-end
> developers that is currently causing various companies severe hiring
> problems (if anecdotal evidence is to be believed).

Neither, IMO, does a short training course for "improvers". Infact I'm
not convinced there actually is a shortage of "high-end developers"
rather a shortage of skilled developers with lowish salary expectations
who are interested in working in the kinds of places that want to
recruit these people.

/J\