CAB

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Mon Mar 12 18:19:33 GMT 2007

On Mon, Mar 12, 2007 at 06:08:29PM +0000, Andrew Beattie wrote:

> But has anyone ever actually found them useful?

Yes

> Better than 5 minutes on Google for example?

But this was 2001, so not as much was online then.

Question for anyone feeling leet with Google - can you craft a search query
that finds out what the *current* weekly rate is for the part of an employee's
salary that counts as a preferential creditor? IIRC it's the same rate as the
redundancy payments service pay. But the rate is determined by the Secretary
of State, and the current rate doesn't appear to be published anywhere.
(It will be around £250 a week now, I suspect)

Nicholas Clark