Devel::Cover recommendations... or maybe not?

Ovid publiustemp-londonpm at
Wed Mar 14 15:51:51 GMT 2007

--- Luis Motta Campos <luismottacampos at> wrote:

>    Dear Londoners, I need to recommend some tools for QA at $company.
>    Maybe some of you can tell me good (or bad) impressions about
> Devel::Cover.
>    The POD scares everybody, stating clearly "this is alfa code".
> It's almost like saying "go away" what is pretty strange for an open-
> source module...
>    Comments, anybody?

Ignore that comment.  I have a cronjob which rebuilds my coverage
reports nightly and all of my colleagues can simply check the coverage
Web site I have set up (I'm reasonably sure that none of them have,

It's a fantastic fantastic tool.  There are more features I want with
it, but the features I want are simple enough that I should get off my
duff and supply a patch.

Buy the book --
Perl and CGI --