Devel::Cover recommendations... or maybe not?

Adrian Howard adrianh at quietstars.com
Thu Mar 15 09:58:53 GMT 2007

On 15 Mar 2007, at 09:17, Matt Wilson wrote:
[snip]
>>  - Some configuration might be needed to run all the tests.
>
> Surely that's the point, though? Write your unit tests explicitly so
> that your configurations are going to achieve maximum coverage.

If I write something that works with Oracle, MySQL and SQLite, and
the person running the coverage tool only has SQLite, then I question
whether spending all the time and effort needed to mock out the MySQL/
Oracle stuff to get an arbitrary 100% coverage when the /point/ of
the tests is to see whether I can talk to a real database.

I think that was what was being got at :-)

Adrian